Friday, June 29, 2012

Mobile App Review: Official eBay Android App , Free App (7.7 Samsung Galaxy Tablet, Android)

Normally, I close my Ebay shop when I go on vacation, but now that I own a tablet I decided to keep the shop going. I needed to monitor auctions, respond to question, start new listings (i.e. everything other than generate shipping labels).

Ebay app works well on my Samsung Galaxy 7.7 Tablet (my Galaxy 7.7 review) running Android HoneyComb 3.2. I had no technical problems. The app scales to my screen size, but is not aware that my screen is larger and does not make use of the width as well as at could. I have a lot of white space in the middle and the information is bunched up on the sides which makes it harder to read.

I found that the functionality for sellers does not have all the features I need to run my Ebay store while on the road. I was able to monitor active auctions, but found that I can scroll through information faster if I use the non-mobile version of Ebay web site using a browser. To see the same information I see in MyEbay I use the advanced search to display info by seller name (my own) and then customize the columns of the search results to show me the exact information I am interested in (removing some defaults and adding the useful to me info).

Another feature that I used a 'relist' button since I wanted to avoid a lot of typing and start new auctions as fast as possible. Mobile Ebay displays unsold items, however the 'relist' button is not available on that page. Mobile Ebay has a section from which you can relist, but on that page you can see just the items (title and image) without the dates when the items were listed in the past. I use the dates to help me to determine which items to relist. I found that using a non-mobile version of Ebay made my job easier.

My plan was to use Ebay mobile app on this trip, but I found that it was missing enough small features that using the non-mobile Ebay site made my job faster and easier.

You can find eBay on Amazon app by following this link


Ali Julia review ★★★☆☆


No comments:

Post a Comment